By Sunday evening I demolished the “carport” built on to the side of our little shed. The trim along the roof frame was completely split, so my plan for Monday was to rip off the old trim and cut and paint new trim. And of course as soon as I started painting it started raining. Not pouring, just a few sprinkles, like it just couldn’t make up it’s mind, on and off for hours! There’s Seattle for you! But I was determined to get this finished so every half hour I went out for a new coat.
In between hammering and demo, I’d turn around to make sure that my helper was staying out of trouble!
By Tuesday evening the trim was painted and cut to fit the pitch, so before work on Wednesday I got the new trim up. I’m typically not that productive so soon after getting out of bed…it must have been my excitement to get it finished.
I am calling this completion of Phase 1 of our garden shed make-over. Phase 2 will be refinishing and fitting the french doors, and phase 3 will be new paint!
I’m still working on a new home for the fire wood under the blue tarp. As great as the bright blue looks against the shed, I think it would look better else where!